Monday, January 31, 2011

Gent Light Festival

Saturday night we went to the Gent light festival.  It was something else!  Some of the exhibits were a little bizarre but a few were breath taking and the entire night was just fun.  I think every single Gent resident was out despite the cold (~20 degrees).  My camera does not take good night pictures anymore so I included the link for the festival which has better pictures.  Click on some of the light switches to see the exhibits.  I like the first one,  the city lights shine bright every time a baby is born in any of the Gent maternity wards, Awwwwwww!  The best, in my opinion, was the light show on the Post building.  The pictures don’t do it justice but is was a cirque du soleil type projection onto the façade of the building and was set to pump’n music, just awesome!  Had to be there though.  I posted a picture but it was something that couldn’t be captured on film.

These lamps belong to Gent residents.


The Post
Here is a better video of the Post building:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiaXquVQvJk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment